Sunday, May 3, 2009

Milan Furniture Fair : Emerging Trends

Byblos Casa, Atelier Mendini - image via designws

Sadly I was not at Milan last week viewing the amazing collections on display to inspire design lovers such as myself -but I have been scouring the net and the usual sources to see what is emerging. Some new trends are evident and some trends are simply reconfirming what I had already documented in my 2009 trend report. I thought I would share a few inspirations with you...

I have split this into a few posts here is the first -

Complex Simplicity :

Raw timber, muted colour & shades of white, unexpected natural materials, a return to traditional methods or materials for modern objects...


New french brand Moustache (launched at Milan) with the instant table & instant seat chauffeuse by Matali Crasset

Droog Studio, Studio Makkink & Bey

Sebastian Wrong for E&S

Maarten Baas for E&S

Richard Lampert, Marco Deesi - a mid century form often accompanies the simplicity trend

Thomas Eyck, the flax project
There were plenty more examples of this trend (I think its one of the strongest at the moment) but you get the picture!
[all images above via designws]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, we love to hear from you!